WELCOME BACK TO OUR 2ND YEAR OF RUNING A FREE “JUST PLAY BALL” PROGRAM OUT OF KING GEORGE PARK, RICHMOND.
The Dugout Club is super excited to further our partnership with BASEBALL BC (the PSO for our sport), in bringing this program to Richmond.
While TDC will continue to run the program, Baseball BC will now administer the registration of of all participants on a WEEKLY basis at www.baseball.bc.ca/JUSTPLAYBALL.
PLEASE try to register at least 24 hours in advance!
The opportunity is open for BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS FROM THE AGES OF 5 – 14 years of age….While we’ll work on some FUNdamental skills, it’s also about having an opportunity to “Get out there with your FAMILY for a couple hours and have some laughs while playing a GREAT GAME”…….. Making new friends for a lifetime – OR becoming interested in playing the game in an organized league – are just added bonuses for putting yourself out there!!
While parent participation and responsibility is required for children 8 and under, TDC has taken on the challenge of providing a program in a planned and appropriate way. Note: Parents can work it out to watch over each other’s children.
NOTE: 9 and up participants still need “REGISTERED” parent approval, but are able to participate providing they adhere to all behavioural standards.
The majority of the time will be spent on a few FUN-damentals, as well as just playing a lot of different related games depending on the number of players registering for each session.
– WEDS from 6 – 8 P.M. at KING GEORGE PARK (SW Diamond by East Richmond Community Centre), 41oo # 5 Road, Richmond – NEXT SESSION IS JULY 26th / 2017
***IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER WELL BEFOREHAND, DECISIONS WILL BE POSTED HERE AND /OR EMAILS SENT TO THOSE REGISTERING ON LINE WITH BASEBALL BC***
For those wanting their children to make some new friends and lasting memories – with the added bonus of learning to play “The Game” the right way – we hope to see you out there shortly!!
- THE GOAL, besides providing mentorship and some solid role models, is to continue to encourage MANY MORE children to come out of their shells – and homes – to play an organized sport.…. Be it baseball, lacrosse, soccer, etc… From LAST YEAR’S “JUST PLAY BALL” program, we had 25 players sign up for LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL (along with others that joined in with them.)
- Parents or guardians MUST be sure to register on-line with Baseball BC. This allows both insurance coverage for the child as well as giving us an idea of how much help we need to solicit each week. In regards to BOTH “numbers” and the breakdown of age groups expected to come out.
- Session space is limited, so we do ask that all participants REGISTER at least 24-hours in advance of the session on a weekly basis.
- The program is being provided by “Volunteers” who have a passion and love for the game and simply hope to pass it along to those who may be interested in pursuing the opportunities as presented.
- Please consider purchasing your child’s own batting helmet if at all possible. (Presently available for $10 from TDC)…Gloves will continue to be made available for those that require such.Bats will be supplied, but IF you have access to your own, that would be helpful in your child’s long term development… (Jocks are also a good idea!!)
In closing, we’d like to give “THANKS” to BASEBALL BC (and many others that have come forth) for their assistance and guidance in bringing forth this effort. It’s much appreciated by those throughout the community.
NOTE: Your assistance helps keep this program FREE!…. Consider purchasing a TDC to help promote the program!!